EK MITHYA

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Journey called Ek Mithya

Hey folks!

Ek Mithya - a short film

I came up with the concept of Ek mithya after watching a hollywood movie called 'THE ECHO' which was itself a remake of an Asian movie. At that time (that was in February 2011), I had titled it A DELUSIONAL, but sadly it kept on falling prey to delays...
And then finally one depressing night on the terrace of my old family house in Kerala, I sat down to make the screenplay... for A DELUSIONAL. Completing it within a week, I was quite excited to start the shoot... once I was back in Delhi for my exams. The title changed to EKK MITHYA... EKK driving inspiration from two of the movies that were releasing at that time: EKK DEEWANA THA and EK MEIN AUR EKK TU...
Slowly and momentously I began my shoot... after adding few more twist and turns... changing the plot once again... roping in the love of my life... and then I changed my track... minor distractions... street dogs attacking me... and sudden return to Kerala, thereby cancelling the entire project! A huge delay...

Back in Kerala...while taking an audition for an advertisement I realized I could make it all again here.. in Malayalam & Tamil... and once I again I began working... translating the script to Malayalam, renaming it to ORU ASATHYAM... which means "A LIE" in Malayalam as well as Tamil. But then realized that the soul of the movie was lost somewhere during the translation... so I started looking for Hindi speaking Malayalees and finally found some really wonderful actors and the holy grail quest for Ekk Mithya was relaunched with a brand new cast... but once again the jinx broke in... some of the actors backed out unceremoniously, leaving Ekk Mithya once again as a MYTH...
Finally, Ramesh Menon, the lead actor of our movie deviced a backup plan... to shoot the movie in Bengaluru...
and along with a fresh team of determined cinema lovers, Ek Mithya set out it's sail to become a reality... a huge thanks to Sangeeth Nambiar for being acting as a strong backbone to the dream called Ek Mithya.

We hope to release the film after the IPL 2012. until then watch this space... coz IF THE TRUTH ISN'T TRUE... THEN WHAT IS?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment